HOW TO SOLVE SPEECH DISORDER
Speech disorder affects both adults and children. It can be resolved or corrected through early treatment. There are very effective ways that will guide how to solve speech disorder. It creates problem when a person creates sound to speak something. Most of the big problems of speech disorder are:
- Apraxia: a motor speech disorder caused by damage to the parts of the brain related to speaking
- Dysarthria: a motor speech disorder in which the muscles of the mouth, face, or respiratory system may become weak or have difficulty moving
SYMPTOMS OF SPEECH DISORDER
Some common symptoms of speech disorder are:
- repeating sounds (most often seen in people who stutter)
- adding extra sounds and words
- elongating words
- making jerky movements while talking (usually involving the head)
- blinking several times while talking
- visible frustration when trying to communicate
- taking frequent pauses when talking
- distorting sounds when talking
- hoarseness (raspy or gravely sounding voice)
CAUSES OF SPEECH DISORDERS
Speech disorders affect the vocal cords, muscles, nerves, and other structures within the throat. Causes may include:
- vocal cord damage
- brain damage
- muscle weakness
- respiratory weakness
- polyps or nodules on the vocal cords
- vocal cord paralysis
SPEECH DISORDER TREATMENT
Some speech disorders may simply go away. Others can improve with speech therapy. Treatment varies and depends on the type of disorder. In speech therapy, a professional therapist will guide you through exercises that work to strengthen the muscles in the face and throat. You’ll learn to control your breathing while speaking. Muscle-strengthening exercises and controlled breathing help improve the way your words sound. You’ll also learn ways to practice smoother, more fluent speech.
There are some devices that helps to resolve speech disorder.
It is designed with embedded notions of nurturing a leader in you. This device is a compact and handy device which would ease out your speaking complications. It is especially built for catering to a range of speech deficiency. Speakfluent metabolizes your speaking style, revamp your attitude and transform your personality into what you always wanted to be.
- Fast Rate of Speech
- Low Loudness
- Poor Speech Clarity
- Secondary Language Dis-Fluency
It has simplified the speech therapy. Speechifi is a change that has the potential for change the way you lead your life. The enhance features of speechifi acts as a catalyst to your speech recovery. Sympathetically designed, it is a portable, battery operated device with intensive speech and language stimulation.
- Delayed Speech and language
- Hearing impairment
- Low I.Q . Slow learner
- Adult Neurological speech disorder: Aphasia, stroke, Memory loss
- Expressive and receptive development language disorder
- Learning disability
For more information about the devices, go to www.innoflaps.com
Some people with speech disorders experience nervousness, embarrassment, or depression. Talk therapy may be helpful in these situations. A therapist will discuss ways to cope with the condition and ways to improve the outlook of your condition. If your depression is severe, antidepressant medications can help.